Contrary to popular believes, below are some technology facts you may not know about. Now you can impress friends and family with your technology savviness!
1. It is impossible to be infected by a virus just from opening an email. You can only become infected after opening an attachment or clicking a link.
2. The average computer user only blinks 7 times per minute. That’s 65% less than a non-computer user who blinks around 20 times per minute!
3. 92 per cent of the world’s currency is digital. This means that most of the money you earn, transact with, use to buy goods/services and so on exists only on computers and hard drives. Only an estimated 8 per cent of currency globally is physical money.
4. Changing fonts can save printer ink. That’s right, fonts are not created equal so the theory is, if you use a ‘lighter’ font (with a lighter stroke) you’ll use slightly less ink per page.
5. Russia built a computer that ran on water in 1936
6. An average of 60 billion emails are sent each day. Of those, about 97% of them are spam
7. The first domain name ever registered was symbolics.com. It was registered on March 15 1985
8. On an average, at least 6,000 viruses are created every month. Scared yet? This is why a disaster recovery plan is a must for any business.
9. Despite only 45.8% of China’s population using the internet. China has more people using the internet than any other country.
10. South Korean singer Psy’s “Gangnam Style” is the most viewed video of all time on YouTube. It has been viewed over 2 billion times!